Partner Visa in Israel: A Step-by-Step Guide to Your First Visa

If you’re reading this post, it probably means that you’ve made the decision to go for it – you and your partner have decided to start your shared life in Israel. Congratulations! This is a big step that proves your commitment to one another.

B1 General visa (In Hebrew: ב/1 כללי or רישיון זמני לעבודה ללא הגבלה), is the first visa a foreign partner of an Israeli will get, in all types of partner visa processes (married couples, non-married couples, same-sex couples, etc). B1 General visa is an Unrestricted Work Visa that allows its holder not only to live in the country together with their Israeli partner but also to work freely in any field.

This post is a detailed step-by-step guide to obtaining your first couple’s visa in Israel. Clear instructions will take you from the moment you decide to apply for the visa until the foreign partner gets the visa sticker in their passport.

Don’t be alarmed by the length, specifics, and bureaucracy that you’re going to read about. Tens of thousands of couples in Israel have gone and are going through the partnership visa process, and we survived to tell. Good luck!

If you’re interested in a more general overview of the gradual process – check this post instead!

Register or login to be able to read this!
Registration is free and only takes a moment :)

☹ Why must I register?

Avatar photo
The Israeli Association for International Couples (R.A.)
Articles: 24


Leave a Reply