Following the closure of PIBA visa departments in several cities and automatic visa extension, AIC has collected dozens of testimonies about the activity of visa departments around Israel over the last week. Here is what we know so far.
Please note the information has not been officially confirmed! It is based on private testimonies of our community members and it might be wrong, inaccurate or not updated. Please keep reading at your own risk.
PIBA Marathon Offices – Closed Completely
The following marathon offices are closed completely except for passports:
- Jerusalem (Center)
- Tel Aviv (Center)
- Beer Sheva
PIBA Visa Departments Affected
The offices that actively cancelled visa appointments, including interviews, upgrade appointments and/or refused visa services are:
- Rishon Letzion – Still accepting walk-ins.
- Kfar Saba
- Petah Tikva – Still hold meetings for granting citizenship and still accept walk-ins.
- Herzliya – Still accepting walk-ins.
PIBA Visa Departments With Inconclusive Information
Offices that we have received mixed information about:
- Ramat Gan-Givatayim – Might still be accepting pre-scheduled appointments only
- Ashkelon – Some interviews have been cancelled
- Holon – Accepting walk-in appointments for intervisa renewal; might still be accepting pre-scheduled appointments
- Tel Aviv South (Salame) – Appointments cancelled, accepting walk-ins.
PIBA Visa Departments That May Still Be Working
The following offices seem to be accepting some of the pre-scheduled appointments, against the policy of PIBA headquarters (we can’t confirm which services are given and which aren’t):
- Acre (Akko)
- Bnei Brak
Have Additional Information?
If you have different or additional information, please comment below or contact us. We remind you that our advice regarding critical appointments (initial status, upgrade, etc) is to go as scheduled unless you personally received a cancellation notice from the branch via email or phone call, or unless it is one of the marathon offices.
For additional updates please follow our Facebook page.
To support our activity please donate to our organization! We are a registered nonprofit organization that is operating on a 100% volunteer basis. All incomes go towards promoting our causes and goals.